Friday 18 July 2008

Gentse Feesten

I'm chilling on the sofa just absorbing the last couple of hours of a city in relative silence before things go completely mental in Gent. The parties kick off tomorrow which will be when Sarah and I retreat to the burb for some sleep. We were wakened this morning by some inconsiderate twat testing their drum kit on a nearby stage at 4am. And I thought contending with the bells was difficult. Ah, *strains ear* just on cue - the bells and said twat drummer have just started again lol.

On another note, I think old age is setting in. We packed up our stuff yesterday to head to Gent. I pack everything I could possibly need...bike, bike kit, clothes for this, clothes for that, hairspray - lots of, yadda-yadda. We get to Gent and unpack everything from the car and I have this nagging feeling that I can't quite put my finger on. Only to discover that I'd left the bag with all my clothes in the country pad. Joy! Lol. On the upside, I am a lesbian with a g/f who has many clothes ;-)

To console myself I've eaten pretty much a full chocolate cake to myself!

No comments: