Wednesday 5 September 2007

Are we there yet? The weekend is just around the corner.

Bit of a stressful day. I had to stop myself, countless times, from pressing the button on my Bumblebee Transformer to try and relieve my stress. Bumblebee is fab. My Girrel sent him to me a couple of months ago. Bless her, I was opening the packaging when she was on the phone eagerly awaiting my reaction, when I noticed the sticker at the bottom of the packaging. It read (or words to the effect):

"Please note that toy doesn't actually transform. It makes noises instead."

Devastation. There was a long pregnant pause at my end of the phone. Dilemma. Do I want a Transformer that actually transforms or do I want one to really bug my workmates with? *starts to sing the theme tune* you know the one "Transformers, there's more than meets the eye. Transformers robots in disguise..." When I weighed up the odds, there was no argument. I wanted the non-transforming Transformer! I'm kinda hoping *hint* that maybe I'll get a transforming Transformer for my birthday folks. Oh, and I've also decided that which ever comes first, a pet or child, they're getting called Optimus Prime.

Anyways, so I've been a wee bit stressed, but my friend Helen popped round unexpectedly tonight for a quick cup of tea and a blether. Not long after Helen left my girrel called. It never ceases to amaze me how friends and loved ones can help put things into perspective. How sometimes they come into your life at just the right moment, just when you need them. They may not realise what they've done, but they've had an impact nonetheless. Moments like these cast away the grumpy shadows of a stressy day and make me feel thankful for the people that I have in my life.

No comments: