Thursday 29 November 2007

Laughter is good for the soul, and for male pattern baldness

I should be in bed right now. I'm working tomorrow and I'm driving up to Scotland after work for my birthday weekend. I'm turning 30, so I need my sleep. But I'm buzzing. I'm buzzing from the chat that I've just had with Sarah. She giggled and laughed a lot tonight. Lots of cheeky funny giggles, proper laughing. I was re-energised with each wee pleasurable outburst.

I was getting in the mood for the weekend and started singing "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to...you would cry too if it happened to you..." That's the extent of my knowledge on the song. Sarah then took up where I left off and launched into the next verse. Well, I for one am well impressed, she's going to get on great with the rest of the gene pool! Now all she needs to learn is my version of "Every party has a pooper." Honestly, the fact that my Mum used to sing that to me on the odd occasion, hasn't left me emotionally scarred, well, not much lol. She had an excellent sense of humour.

Male pattern baldness runs on my Dad's side of the family. So I once said to my little brother, "You know, when you get old, you're going to be bald like..." Then I blurted out all of the names as if there was NO way Johnnie could avoid it "Dad, Uncle Sammy, Gerard, John, Uncle Hughie, etc, etc..." Johnnie, who could only have been about 5 at the time, (I was 10), burst into tears. Mum was cooking in the background and heard what I said. When she realised that Johnnie was crying and I was looking rather smug she replied to me by saying "Well how do you know it wont happen to you?!" The young, no longer smug PP, was then in tears.

I've been packing tonight. Said task, still not completed. Had scheduled it in my diary for Wed but put off for today. I did however manage to clean my car and do my recycling. Silver star for PP! Think I'll finish off the packing tomorrow morning.

One more sleep!

No comments: