Sunday 6 September 2009

Everything but sushi!

Sarah and I were in the mood for sushi tonight for dinner. So we headed out to a restaurant a couple of kms from where we lived. We knew that it would be a buffet set up with different options like teppanyaki, wok, sushi, and dim-sum etc. We guessed that it wouldn't be anything super special when we walked in, but we didn't quite expect to see the following choices on the sushi cart:

Apple tart
Chocolate cake
Corn salad

No sushi rolls to be seen.

We quickly went on to our second choice which is in the market square downtown, next door to my favourite restaurant. Out came our order of sushi. Good.

After I'd eaten 2 rolls that were vigourously dipped in wasabe and soy sauce, Sarah discovered a fruit fly in her soy sauce. Her soy sauce came from the same bottle I'd just used. Closer inspection showed more fruit flies inside the bottle. Grim.

A new bottle was brought out. Sarah inspected again. Same result. Yuck!

3 comments:

lamazone said...

Would you mind giving me the name of both places so I will never have to live through that experience myself?

Sara said...

Nothing compares to this: having a little 'bug problem' in your rented house and accidentally eating chocolates which apparently had little larvae in them. (I noticed when I was just about to eat my second. Opened every wrapper and only found one without 'm lil' buggers.)

(Drugstore beetles, I *hate* them.)

Sara said...

They were really tiny (the larvae, about the size of this hypen -) and there was/were only one, max two in a chocolate, but still.