Thursday 18 October 2007

15 days and counting

Life's funny some times the way it works out. Le Pew was meant to be en route to York ce soir, but as fate would have it, LP aint well. She is PLP: poor-le-pew. Which means that I am WOLP: without-le-pew. Which in turn means that I'll be OTPALTLP: on-the-phone-a-lot-to-le-pew this weekend. Yes, we're both a wee bit miffed that we wont be having romantic walks in York or breakkie at Auntie Betty's this weekend. But good things come to those who wait. And besides, OLP: organised-le-pew ordered the weekly Tesco shop from Belgium so I'm just patiently waiting for it for it to arrive tonight. I hope there's a tub of BnJ's cookie dough to see me through the weekend. If that doesn't do, the 4 bottles of Duvel and 1 bottle of vino certainly will! Only 15 days to go until the next conjugal ;-), she's more than worth waiting for!

I went to my alternative health person tonight. I'm going to keep their exact type of practice under wraps cos I'm not particularly happy with them (will refer to them as AHP). I've been out of the country for the last week so haven't had my usually weekly appointment. AHP: "So, we haven't seen you in a couple of weeks. I did recommend that you visit once a week." It wasn't so much what she said, but how she said it. I thought she was going to start twitching and then lash out at me with my file. It was like she was giving me into trouble for not coming. I'm thinking, hold on a second, I'm paying you an astronomical 15 minute rate! I'll decide when I want to visit! AND, I'm nearly 30! No-one's going to tell me what to do. Then it all started to make sense. AHP had just given me some treatment that I'd never had before. I'm thinking it's the type of treatment that may slightly hinder my "progress" and thus force me to come back every week. As I made my way home, I swear I couldn't walk properly and we'll see how long the pain in my neck lasts...When I was hobbling my way home some chav-gal walked past me and called me a hedgehog lol!

That's my evening so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hedgehog... my bet's on acupuncture!
anni x