Monday 1 October 2007

Manic Monday

Went out for a ride on my bike when I got home tonight. It made me feel much better. Tonight the temperature was quite a bit cooler, it was around 12 degrees. So out came the baselayer, bandanna, buff (yes i mean buff), full finger gloves. I love layering up when it gets colder. I sometimes think that I have a bit of a fetish for cycle clothing, but that's for another blog ;-)

Riding in the dark is a totally different experience. You feel like you're going faster than what you probably are, the fact that you can't make out the speed on your computer also aids this illusion. Cars are more visible because you see their headlights well in advance. There were a few people out walking, I had to stop myself from shouting "boo" as I passed them. I also had the urge to clothesline some chavs on some noisy mopeds. And some random bloke in a white van leaned out his window as i beat his clapped up vehicle to the next set of lights with the following advice"You need to practice those track stands love!" *giggles* why is it people feel compelled to shout at a chick on a bike?

Some shorts come with reflective material stitched into *ahem* the crack of your bum. I was minding my own business track standing at a set of lights and some local neds shouted at me "HA-ha! You've got a hole in your shorts!!!" I'm thinking, since when did alabaster skin, with a slightly reddish glow (let's assume that my posterior has the same healthy glow as my face), look like fricken silver reflective material?!
Anyways, I'm rambling. The ride took me out of grump and that's what counts. Here's some random pics for your perusal:

1. I spotted this whilst having a wee drinky-droo in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. I've seen it all now. Voila - pay as you go hair straighteners:


Now, in case anyone has OCD and is slightly concerned about "sharing" the above straighteners with the general public, please see the note below:



I mean, am I just being a practical Lesbot here, but has anyone thought this through? Girrels, for those of you who apply make up when you're pissed, how difficult is it to get the lippy on straight? Even worse, how many of you have nearly lost an eye when you were reapplying eye liner when you were drunk? I know it's a major effort for me when I'm sober. But scolding temperatures and drunk women - I wonder how many girrels have frazzled their hair, singed an eyebrow, or burnt an ear or 2...I'm sure there was a funny smell in that toilet...


2. Glasgow - the city of culture.




Dammit! I can't turn it around!!! *hmph* I'm rebelling and refuse to rotate it!



3. Monday nights invariably end up being my comfort food nights. I was pushed for time when I got back for my ride so I chose to have baked beans on toast avec cheese. I switched on the tv when I sat down to have my dinner and the kitchen goddess Nigella Lawson was on. She makes it look so simple! No matter how hard i focused, when I looked at my plate, I still saw baked beans, cheese and toast. Word of advice, whatever you do, don't go for the "reduced sugar and salt with no artificial sweeteners!" If I had had sugar in my cupboard, I would've topped up my baked beans with it. They are dire people, screw the healthy option!

Of a similar tone, here's an image from the Warhol exhibition in Edinburgh





No comments: