Friday 13 February 2009

She's a wee bit peely-wally


Sarah is sick. :(
It's contagious.
*meep*

Whilst I'm nursing her to the best of my capabilities. I'm really, really praying that I don't get it. I have 2 presentations to do next week in the States so I will be devastated if I catch it.

To avoid contamination, I've separated out the towels, toilet paper, poor Sarah's sleeping on the sofa - her suggestion so that I can sleep btw, and she's trying not to touch communal surfaces lol. Again, the last one was her suggestion just before she muttered something '...leper...'

I feel like I'm on the 'school run' (in a nice way ;))this weekend, taking care of Sarah and the house. It's like she's secretly preparing me for little Sarahs...Normally she does the cooking you see. She's adamant that she enjoys it and it helps her wind down. Even if I'm home first she calls me with the instructions to not even so much as look at a kitchen utensil. I'm happy with that set up because I'm not one to spend time in the kitchen unless it involves toast, chocolate, coffee or beer. So what's on the menu tonight? A taste of Scotland, packed full of iron and vitamins, and a great comfort food for this time of year - porridge.


I just googled porridge and found this excerpt - '...used traditionally in many cultures to nurse the sick back to health.' Guess what Sarah's having for the next 5 days?!

No comments: