Wednesday 12 August 2009

Stranded

In the middle of July I flew out to the USA for a business trip for 2 weeks. I was flying from Brussels to Amsterdam then on to Minneapolis. That was the plan at least.

Whilst sitting in BRU our plane was struck by a rather over zealous baggage truck driver. 2 hours later and we were finally allowed to fly to AMS. By this time I had missed my connection. Not a happy bunny. I was hoping I could catch another flight later in the day. No such luck.

I had to wait to fly out the next day. I was on standby for the first flight of the day and definitley had a seat on the second flight. The first flight was oversold soat least I was on the second flight but this meant I would miss my presentation. *Hmph*

I requested that my luggage be given back to me so that I could change clothes and get freshened up etc. After waiting 2 hours there was still no sign of my luggage and I was becoming more and more aware of the distinctive smell of AMS airport. It kind of smells like sandals in the baggage area...And I was getting thin with "just give it another 15 mins..."


I go back to customer services who officially declare me as 'stranded.' You don't say?! Well, being 'officially stranded' entitles you to a rather delightful *ahem* care pack that consists of many things you don't really need:


Yes, it includes toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, brush, creme, blah blah blah which is all great. It also comes supplied with a XXXL tshirt and a pair of socks. But where the hell is the underwear? There wasn't even disposable underwear! So unfortunately for me and the guy sitting next to me on the plane lol, I had to go the next day in the same clothes all the way to the States. Yuck!

As if the thought of having to wear your own nickers inside out for another 24 hours wasn't humiliating enough, they had a 'stranded persons' menu at the restaurant which had erm, 2 choices as opposed to the normal menu...nuff said.

No comments: