Tuesday 22 January 2008

I count sheep cos I cannae sleep

I've not been able to fall asleep easily the past couple of weeks. Strangely, I haven't been overly tired through the day. I've been trying a number of methods to induce sleep - Duvel, hot chocolate, gym...herbal remedies, etc, etc. Sarah recommended some good novels for me to get lost in. So I started the Da Vinci Code last night. 80 pages later and it was 2am.

I'd been asleep for only an hour, when I was awakened by my neighbours un-rythmic sex. This isn't the first time it's happened (actually, it's only the second, in say, 6 months, bless). Really, if you're going to get down to it and waken me at 3-fricken-am, at least give me something to listen to! At least then I could understand why they felt compelled to get it on, if, it sounded like fun. I really had to stop myself from going outside in my pjs and shouting through their letter box "IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?!?! SOME OF US ARE TRYING REALLY, REALLY HARD TO SLEEP HERE!!!!"


Anyways, back to the lack of sleep and strange behaviour. For someone who has the ability to delay the inevitable, I've been tackling quite a lot of tasks. Some through out the day and some, oddly at night. The other evening, well, I say evening but it was around 1.30am, I'm playing table tennis with my thoughts and decided that it would be a good idea to clear down my inbox. Not only that, I decided that I would categorise and give myself folders. 52 pages later, and I had an inbox that consisted only of those items that needed action. Believe me when I say that I'm in deep, deep, DEEP shock!

Is it possible that I'm actually trying to procrastinate on my sleep???

No comments: