Wednesday 16 January 2008

That's life

I strolled downtown today for my daily caffeine hit. Making my way through the barrage of bustling crowds was like making my way through my own thoughts of late. I found my usual spot by the window, seeking insightful revelations from my skinny blueberry muffin and my americano. I've felt a bit agitated of late. I feel like I've been stuck in limbo. Waiting. Any instant gratificationist will vouch, that to be in purgatory, is sheer unimaginable torture.

See, I'm usually impulsive. Go on my gut instinct. More often than not, I'll consider my options in retrospect. The main lesson that I've learned about myself, recently, is to trust when I don't think things are going my way. When I'm compromising my happiness, my core being, I need to take action. But recently, I've tried to think consciously about the decisions I make. I can't kid myself. I'm someone who's ruled by their heart, as much as I'll deny it. And you know what, that is not a bad thing, at all.

I learned from an early stage in my childhood, that life is seriously just too short. This isn't a dress rehearsal. And because it isn't a dress rehearsal, it means that we're entitled to make mistakes, the key is learning. Trying new situations, letting people in, engaging in different perspectives, most of all, making sure you just keep on trying. Oh, and the occasional hot chocolate and a big snog with yer girrel helps too ;-)

No comments: