Wednesday 25 November 2009

The eagle has landed

I have just landed in Hong Kong airport having chosen (stupidly) not to sleep on the plane. For a 10 hour flight it was very comfortable with no turbulence which is my favourite kind of flight. I also managed to work through my emails and tidy up my calendar. Ahh, organised bliss.

We have free wifi acces in the airport (unheard of in Europe and the US!) which means that I can tackle my unusually small number of emails without interruption. Well, I say without interruption but the music in this French inspired cafe is doing my head in. If I hear an accordian song one more time...

Anyways, we're now just a ferry and a car ride away from our first meeting of the week. I hope that our hosts go easy on the kampai tonight and that the evening is finished with the usual relaxing massage.

2 comments:

Disco said...

I was supposed to be kowtowing to peer pressure and starting my Xmas shopping this lunchtime but instead I was immediately distracted by two of my favourite topics rolled into one news story (thank you Auntie):
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8378078.stm

I hope you're not flying Cathay...

(Obviously no one I know is getting gifts this year).

Pathological procrastinator said...

Hey Disco, it was Cathay but luckily not one with blocked lavvies. Fingers crossed the flight home is ok. Perhaps I'll stock up on plastic bags and loo roll before we get on the flight!