Monday 2 November 2009

Rustig weekend

Ahh, what a relaxing weekend we've had. Quiet Friday night out for dinner followed by an unexpected hang out with my girrel. Sarah you see had booked a media course in Leuven for the weekend. In her rather *cough* impetuous but cute way, she arrived, quickly checked out the course contents, and dare I say it the teacher and other students (not in a pervy way you understand). Her observations concluded that her goesting was indeed op and that she would much rather hang out with her g/f in the city. Quick call to me and my plans changed from shopping in Antwerp to shopping Gent - my favourite city in the world. Voila! All happy.

Sunday was the date in the calendar that I've been looking forward to since this time last year. Every year on All Saints' Day, Sarah's Mum gets the whole, and I mean the WHOLE, family around for a humungous waffle bake. Last year we ate around 80, I've yet to get the official count on this year's consumption.

It was fanstatic. Compared to last year, I only asked Sarah to translate a few things instead of everything. I'm always impressed as to how many waffles Belgians can eat and how they eat them. Trust me when I say every square in the waffle is filled with something, be it butter, squirt-squirt cream, chocolate sauce, sugar and more or all together. With each application of a mouth watering covering, everyone enthused that it was indeed very healthy. I'll take 5 portions of that any day! I think I'm more than half way now to being Belgianised! Beer... waffles... chocolate...frites...life isn't that bad in Belgium ;)



To top it all off, one of my colleagues brought in home made waffles this morning. In this mode, Belgians can't do anything wrong ;)



No comments: