Thursday 6 March 2008

How clean is your oven? How calloused are your hands?!

I had my last hair cut in York today. Decided to go for something a wee bit different in celebration of my new start. Not dramatically different, more of a wee revision let's say. Now, I don't look like the kind of girrel who'd appreciate a fluffy-hairdo. So why is it that ALL the stylists that I've ever had feel compelled to totally waste their time doing the whole flippy-floppy-fluffy-feathered-owl with 4 wings- type finish?! It always looks so ridiculous and not me. Some times I think they just do it for a laugh. I would too if I were them.

After haircut 100, I headed back to start with my chores, which was a complete struggle. I managed to pack up the kitchen. Well, when I say pack up, I mean that I took everything out of the cupboards and stuck them on the work top or in some bags on the floor. I seriously lost the will to live! I had to head downtown again to escape for a wee skive.

Tonight I've just been defrosting the freezer and cleaning the oven, oh the joys. Some friends rang me during the latter and asked what I was up to, to which I replied, "at this moment, I'm cleaning the oven." On all 3 instances this declaration of domesticity was met with a burst of laughter and the retorts - "Does the oven need cleaning??? You surely haven't used it that often???" To which I replied, "Well, it's quite impressive the damage you can do with an overcooked sweet potato!"

My thought for today - Brillo pads are totally under rated!

No comments: