Tuesday 18 March 2008

I really should be studying



As I type this, I'm listening to Tiffany "I think we're alone now" on the radio, followed by Wet Wet Wet "Angel eyes." It makes me giggle when I hear bands like Wet Wet Wet and the Proclaimers abroad. They're lucky if they're given any air-time at all back home. But, as a Lespat (expat lesbot), I have to admit that it's fun listening to them. Fond, *ahem* memories come flooding back of monstrous shoulder pads, excessive use of hairspray, side ponytails, and neon leggings. Ah, those were the days...





So, the lessons are going well. I've already been able to use some Dutch in a real, live situation! Well, I said 'spreekt u Engels?' That still counts in my books. The group dynamics are unfolding now that the general initial anxiety appears to be waning. Everyone realises that mistakes are inevitable. Today is our fourth class, already some people will have decided who they like and dislike, and others have begun to define their role within the group. We have one or two who could go against the grain of the group. This week should be entertaining...



No comments: