Friday 19 June 2009

Clepto cleaner


Now, I could be losing it a bit here, but I'm sure I left a lasagne in the fridge yesterday before I went to work. When I came home last night I noticed it wasn't there. To be fair, there is still one in the freezer so I could've made a mistake.

Call me suspicious, but this led me to check the contents of the bin. What did I find? An orange peel, a wrapper from previously moaned about fruit and nut chocolate - my last one! And a empty pot of yoghurt. What do these things have in common? They all belong to me.

I need to check the contents of the cleaning contract because I don't recall saying help yourself to my food when I'm not here!

5 comments:

Sara said...

My parents once had a cleaning lady with the same habits... And you know, one thing leads to another... (She got fired, stealing =/= cleaning.)

I know it's just food but a little note would be nice, no? If I were a cleaning lady and took something to eat (because I've forgotten to bring something myself -going with the story here), I would definitely mention this to my boss(es)!

Give her a call? Leave her a note? Kill her? ;-)

Good luck!

Greet said...

See ... :P
Good luck indeed!

Dr.Pew said...

Lol. Given that we live in a city that prides itself in taking in the mentally and physically challenged, and given that our cleaning lady belongs to the former, perhaps a bit of food stealing could be considered a charitable donation on our behalf, rather than a cause for dismissal lol.

I know deep down you really feel the same but excellent post nonetheless ;-)

Pathological procrastinator said...

Sweetie! Now I'm like the callous bitch and you've blown my cover ;)

*goes back to counting the yoghurt pots*

xxx

Dr.Pew said...

you're welcome hon! ;-)