Monday 15 June 2009

Haud yer wheesht!*

I went home on Friday for Dad's bday. The above sign greeted me as I arrived at the airport. Only Scotland could have such a slogan and, I think, get away with it. In the words of my native tongue, 'ah hink it's gallus!' But perhaps this is only appealing to Scots abroad because it's caused quite a bit of an uproar back haeme. Some would argue that it's 'pure dead embarrassing' and lacks class. But let's face it, the majority of Prestwick flights are Ryanair and I don't think 'class' is on the top of their passengers' agenda.

I for one will try to avoid Cryanair in the future. Every time I take one of these flights I feel like I'm on a school trip or club 18-30. What is it with mob rule and this demographic each time the plane hits a wee bit of turbulence? I think you'll find the reason Ryanair is so strict with their luggage policy is because their flights are always crammed with baw bags!

End rant.

*Scottish for - 'please be quiet.'

6 comments:

Dr.Pew said...

"Mob rule" meaning everywan boakes, or dae ye simply mean te say they are all blootered neds?

Miss ye chick! I'm aff tae bed... I'm "blawin fur tugs" ;-)

(i'm yer haeme away fae haeme, lass)

Pathological procrastinator said...

Ye crack me up hen!

Haste ye back!

Sara said...

Prestwick Airport? I loved that sign! :D

Sara said...

Right, never mind, didn't read through the full post, enthusiasm got the better of me. :P

Pathological procrastinator said...

Sara, the sign is fantastic, but how was your flight with RA?

Sara said...

I remember it being ok, I think. We were all excited to go abroad, so that might have covered up some known RA issues. :D

During the return flight we were a bit pissed off though, our luggage was too heavy and we had to pay a fee. An ill-proportioned fee I believe, can't remember how much we had to pay, but we both thought it was ridiculous.