Friday 19 June 2009

Lesson learned

Unfortunately, and, as always, the hard way. In March this year I had a business trip to Taiwan. It was a heavy week, so on the last night in Taipei I went out for a relaxing meal with some of my clients. Said relaxing meal turned into the heaviest night of the week. I have one word - kampai!

The next day, yours truly had to travel from Taipei to the south of the island. Believe me when I say that I should have been in bed the whole day. Hangovers and Taiwanese public transport don't mix - please see pic below of toilet in Taipei train station.Not the most accomodating if you have to be sick.

The brown/grey section is cement btw.

Luckily I managed to find a disabled toilet to call on dear uncle Hughie. The plan after this part of the journey, was to travel by car to a seaside resort to chillax. Or so I was hoping. We finally arrive, 5 hours later, I officially have no stomach lining, only to be greeted by a ride on this



Someone was out to get me that day. If the hangover didn't kill me, the banana boat would.

1 comment:

Dr.Pew said...

I am TOTALLY gutted that you didnt put the real picture of you on the banana boat up. Or am I thinking of the jet-ski one? You know the one where you look like a grumpy wet kitten?? ;-)