Tuesday 21 August 2007

What type of procrastinator are you?

I was googling my blog and stumbled upon - What type of procrastinator are you? http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=11294

You scored as a Defier/rebel
Your procrastination type is the defier, also known as the rebel. Defiers like to break the rules and rebel against chores and other assignments given to them. They take offense when given tasks by other people and are insulted by suggestions to change their habits. Rebelling is a normal thing that teens do to test how much power they have over their lives, but it can go past the common testing of rules and limits when some people "get stuck in the mode of rebelling."

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping the result would be something along the lines of... "You're an accomplished procrastinator, always finding something to do that is less important than the task at hand - well done you!" Funny, I'm 29 so that rules out the teenage part. My Dad always said that I was a rebel without a cause when I was growing up. And in my last review at work, la grand fromage said that it was known that I didn't like procedures. Apparently, if there's a rule, I like to find my way around it. Knowing that I really HAVE to do something renders me utterly incapacitated. It's like there's some dark force within me that instantly repels against any attempt to start the required action. I'll be sitting down to do some work, whilst thinking about things I'll perchance glance out the window or at the walls. Then suddenly it's - "Oh, those walls could do with a bit of a washing!" You can't even wash painted walls!!! I'd just like to state for the record that I am currently on a late lunch and not avoiding my work. Right, I'm off to nick some chocolate cake from Steffi!

No comments: